Willoway Nurseries, Inc. employs 175 full time employees year-round and has over 500 people in the peak season. The largest part of our staff is dedicated to the production and shipping of plant material. Other opportunities include: equipment repair and fabrication, equipment operation, spray application, building maintenance (including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, and boiler maintenance), truck drivers, data entry, and more.
Wages are based upon your experience and skill levels. An excellent benefits program is made available to full-time employees (min. 30 hours per week). Paid vacations are earned after 1 year of full-time employment.
Willoway offers many opportunities of education and advancement. If you would like more information, or to schedule an interview, please feel free to contact us (see bottom of this page for contact information).
Qualities we consider for employment:
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Willing to work flexible hours during peak season (March - July & October - November)
- History of good attendance
- Ability to learn new skills and methods
- Education or experience (entry level opportunities may be available)
- Willoway is a Drug Free work place
Territory Account Manager
Location: Central and Southern Indiana
Willoway Nurseries is looking for an energetic, self-starter with experience in nursery sales to develop existing accounts as well as identify and prospect new customers within an assigned sales territory. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good attention to detail and follow-up. Although a Horticultural degree is not required, plant knowledge is a must.
- Consult with retail and wholesale nursery owners, managers and buyers to assist them in making purchase decisions. Provide timely and relevant information regarding the status of crops, plant performance, available marketing support, merchandising ideas, retail pricing, etc.
- Advocate of branded program plants. Actively promote new products and leverage Willoway Nurseries value proposition to gain market share.
- Represent Willoway Nurseries at trade shows, including set-up and teardown of the booth.
- Encourage customers to tour the nursery and/or show plant samples at customer's location.
- Oversee the entry, scheduling and delivery of plant material to ensure that the customer's expectations are met.
- Support credit department in the collection of credit applications, processing credits (returns) and keeping accounts current.
- Follow up on inbound sales leads and prospect for new customers within assigned territory.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience – plant wholesale and/or retail sales experience at a garden center preferred.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle capable of hauling plant samples (van, truck, SUV).
- Minimum 30% overnight travel.
Location: Huron, OH
Willoway Nurseries is looking for a full time Grower to join its Huron, Ohio facility. The Grower would be responsible for a section of nursery production within the 500 acre farm.
- Daily oversight of a broad range of woody ornamentals.
- Making hands-on decisions for crop maintenance and care.
- Maintaining irrigation systems and watering schedules.
- Maintaining plant health and quality to meet Willoway's standards.
- Basic horticulture understanding required. 2-4 year horticulture degree or equivalent work experience beneficial.
- General knowledge of nursery production practices including plant, pest, and disease ID.
- This position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Team player, confident, self starter, thorough, detailed, quick learner.
- Work is done in a fast-paced environment and applicant must be flexible and reliable.
- May require Supervision of small crews, and applicant must be able to communicate and work well with other employees.
Join the Willoway Team!
Send your resume to:
Willoway Nurseries, Inc.
4534 Center Rd. Avon,
We accept email attachments in any of the following formats:
PLAIN TEXT | ACROBAT(.pdf) | MICROSOFT WORD | MICROSOFT PUBLISHER