Willoway Nurseries, Inc. employs 140 full time employees year-round and has over 400 people in the peak season. The largest part of our staff is dedicated to the production and shipping of plant material. Other opportunities include: equipment repair and fabrication, equipment operation, spray application, building maintenance (including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, and boiler maintenance), truck drivers, data entry, and more.
Wages are based upon your experience and skill levels. An excellent benefits program is made available to full-time employees (min. 30 hours per week). Paid vacations are earned after 1 year of full-time employment.
Willoway offers many opportunities of education and advancement. If you would like more information, or to schedule an interview, please feel free to contact us (see bottom of this page for contact information).
Qualities we consider for employment:
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Willing to work flexible hours during peak season (March - July & October - November)
- History of good attendance
- Ability to learn new skills and methods
- Education or experience (entry level opportunities may be available)
- Willoway is a Drug Free work place
Traffic Manager Assistant
Location: Avon, OH
As Willoway continues in its 62nd year of business, we are proactively seeking the next generation of horticulture professionals to join our team. Willoway is on the forefront of the industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practices open book management throughout the company. We are seeking a Traffic Manager Assistant who can positively contribute to the growth of the company with the goal to make this your life long career!
The traffic Manager Assistant will support all activities of the Traffic Manager. Included in these activities is routing deliveries with third party trucking organizations and an internal transportation group. Communications with customers, the company sales staff and trucking companies/drivers is a critical element of the position. An understanding of shipping related paperwork including bill of ladings and packing slips is required. Early morning work hours are a part of the position.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate
- Hands on approach in a fast moving environment
- Execute the daily shipping schedule including shipper selection, dock management as well as correct paperwork for customer deliveries
- Team player
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with sales staff, customers, trucking companies and dock personnel
- Create Bill of Ladings and Packing Slips by customer/truck route
- Contact customers with delivery times/confirmation of delivery
- Respond to directions for inbound trucks
- Determine alternative solutions to delivery issues as presented
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products—Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to multi-function
- Effective problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in transportation routing and delivery
- Two-year business degree preferred
Inventory Assistant – Avon Farms
Location: Avon, OH
Willoway Nurseries, a progressive, forward thinking company, is seeking a full time Inventory Assistant to join the company. As Willoway continues in its 62nd year of business, we are proactively seeking the next generation of industry professionals to join our team. Willoway is on the forefront of the industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practices open book management throughout the company. We are seeking an Inventory Assistant who can positively contribute to the growth of the company with the goal to make this your life long career!
- Assist with inventory operating systems (Great Plains / FileMaker) and physical inventory, for the Avon facilities (500 acres)
- Assist with order processing
- Take photos of plant material as needed
- Assist with Shipping / order processing questions
- Assist in cross training program
- Assist with scrap and move sheets.
- 1 year of related in inventory experience, preferred horticulture work experience.
- Proactively communicate to crews and manager.
- Fluent in Microsoft, Excel, Word, and iPad.
- This position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Team player, confident, self starter, thorough, detailed, quick learner.
- Willing to learn open book management and positively contribute to the financial success and growth of the company.
Join the Willoway Team!
Send your resume to:
Willoway Nurseries, Inc.
4534 Center Rd.
Avon, OH 44011
We accept email attachments in any of the following formats:
PLAIN TEXT | ACROBAT(.pdf) | MICROSOFT WORD | MICROSOFT PUBLISHER