Broadview Heights, OH
Salary: $15.31 to $15.50 /hour
Premier Plant Solutions, Broadview Heights location, is seeking a Horticulture Team Member to join our team. We look forward to welcoming new staff members aboard with the goal to make this your life long career! If you love the outdoors, this position could be your next best career move. No official experience in the horticulture / landscape / green industry is required, but outdoor work in all weather conditions is required daily for this position.
Summary of position: The Horticulture team member is responsible for completion of shipping and production tasks as well as assisting sales department with order pulling and customer assistance on an as needed basis.
1. Actively promote positive customer service on a daily basis externally through outside customers and internally with fellow employees.
2. Unload and disperse incoming trucks as well as loading outbound trucks.
3. Complete tasks including but not limited to; fertilizing, weeding, trimming, canning, spacing, moving, covering, uncovering and herbicide application.
4. Communicating water deficiencies when detected and assisting with hand watering/making irrigation repairs.
· Work well in a team-based environment, consistently providing a positive attitude and promoting positive accountability to other employees.
· Train in the “GGOB” culture that supports the continuous development of improved communications and open book management.
· Safety – all employees are responsible for maintaining a safe workplace. Communicate safety issues to your supervisor immediately. Share ideas to improve safety. Engage, and participate in all proactive safety training.
· Accountability – understand the requirement to meet all timelines and expectations with a positive attitude.
· GGOB – engage in all department and company huddles by actively listening to all information communicated. Interject ideas and questions during the huddles or workday regarding financial status and strategic direction of the department/company. Participate in efforts to develop a positive workplace culture and be actively engaged in your work.
· Brand Harmony – learn, understand, and live our brand with all internal and external customer interactions. Use core values everyday
· Pull orders and load customers on an as needed basis, directed by departmental supervisors.
· Complete all other duties as assigned by the departmental supervisors.
· Execution of all tasks listed above on a level that meets and/or exceeds expectations
· High school equivalent math
· Ability to take direction and execute tasks based on written and verbal instructions. Ability to be on your feet all day, moving & lifting plants weighing up to 60 pounds. Equipment operation (tractor, skid steer, etc) a plus or willingness to learn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
45-50/week March – June (Some Saturdays Required)
Overtime will be paid for hours worked above 40 each week at the rate of 1.5 times the hourly wage
Valued added functions by month or season:
Dec-Feb: drive sales according to budget and beyond, work at WNI facilities, take optional or mandatory layoff based on desire and performance
Mar-May: drive sales according to budget and beyond, open and set up nursery, receive spring orders and stock facility, execute plant maintenance, facility maintenance and shipping tasks
May-Oct: drive sales according to budget and beyond, execute plant maintenance, facility maintenance and shipping tasks
Nov: drive sales according to budget and beyond, execute plant maintenance, facility maintenance and shipping tasks, put away plant material and protect for winter weather, complete a physical inventory count
We are proud to be a drug free workplace. All applicants will be drug tested after the offer of the position has been accepted. A negative drug test result is a condition of employment.
Premier Plant Solutions is the sister company of Willoway Nurseries, Inc. Our family of companies are progressive, forward thinking green industry companies. We are on the forefront of the horticulture and nursery industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practice open book management. Our people have a voice in how our company is run and participate in the financial success of the business among a positive culture where we are rooted to grow. Premier has 3 locations to serve our Ohio based landscape customers: Avon, Broadview Heights, and Hilliard OH. Our mission is: We use our unique resources and established relationships to provide simple successful solutions to horticulture professionals. We live and breathe our 7 core values each day: do the right thing, go the extra mile, understand the why, support the team, take ownership, never sacrifice safety, and play to win!
We are seeking employees who can positively contribute to the growth of the company with the goal to make this your life long career. Why Willoway? Why Premier? We work together as a team to provide the best possible products and services for our customers and the best possible workplace for our employees. Visit www.whywilloway.com or www.whypremier.com to learn more about our company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.