Salary: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour
Construction Maintenance Technician
Construction – Maintenance Technician
Summary of position: This position will provide all facets of facility construction and maintenance including buildings, utility, design, installation, testing troubleshooting and maintenance for the nursery, it’s related companies and properties. Position will require 5 years of residential, commercial construction and utility experience. Utilities provided will include water – both pond and city, gas used for heating – propane and natural gas, drainage and conduits for electrical circuits and controls.
· Read blueprints or technical diagrams
· Construct buildings utilizing various methods of construction (e.g., pole barn, hoop house, gutter connected green house, stick frame, etc.)
· Install and maintain infrastructure for gas, electrical, water, drainage and controls
· Install, maintain, modify and repair all irrigation systems within the nurseries
· Operate and or supervise safe operation of heavy equipment, including, but not limited to, skid-steer loader, payloader, trencher, mini excavator, roller, sewer jetter, man lift, tractor, lift truck, etc.
· Operate and or supervise safe operation of motorized hand tools, including but not limited to, gas powered saws, hammer drills, floor saws, impact drivers, etc.
· Identify problems with systems associated with utilities and buildings
· Repair or replace existing irrigation equipment using hand and power tools and heavy equipment as necessary
· Pull electrical wires into conduits under the supervision of the Electrical Supervisor
· Follow state and local building regulations
· Safety – Engage with staff to reduce workplace accidents. Report any safety concerns to manager immediately. Work with management to investigate all near misses and accidents timely and effectively.
· Support Physical Plant electro-mechanical construction and repair activities as necessary
· Support Physical Plant electrical and or control construction and repair activities
· Travel between Willoway / Premier sites in Avon, Huron, Broadview Heights and Hilliard
· And all other duties as assigned
· iPhone – Texts, Email, share photos
· Possess a solid understanding of utility operations.
· Possess basic mathematical skills through geometry
· Possess critical thinking to solve problems
· Possess customer service skills necessary to gain needed information related to the utility and building issues to allow for proper problem resolution
· Troubleshooting – running diagnostic tests to pinpoint issues to correctly fix issues
· Attention to detail – being careful about detail and through in completing work tasks
· Initiative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
· Persistence – persistence in the face of obstacles
· Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude
· Valid driver’s license – that is reasonably insurable through the company’s insurance provider
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
· Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
· Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing and directing peoples as they work, identifying the best people for the job
· Knowledge of construction process and methods used in the fabrication, maintenance and repair of structures (e.g., cabinets, wood and steel framing, concrete work, roofing) and fixtures to accomplish work assignments and to provide direction / information and training
· Knowledge of general construction practices and procedures involved in the maintenance and repair of building structures and underground utilities
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and equipment used in plumbing to ensure adherence to departmental quality standards and the Uniform Plumbing Code
· Knowledge of the processes for conducting inspections of standard plumbing installations concerned with various applications (e.g., city and pond water, gas, sewage and drainage) to ensure proper function, safety and maximum efficiency
· Knowledge of various types of pipe (e.g., galvanized copper, PVC, PE) and their uses / properties in order to properly plan, conform to the Uniform Plumbing Code and complete plumbing projects
· Knowledge of plumbing design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
· Knowledge of grades, existing, proposed and fall. Know how to set up laser and targets
· Knowledge of materials, tools and equipment (e.g., cable reels conduit benders, stripping tools, voltage or current meters, wire or cable cutters) used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and components (e.g., wiring, switches, lighting, transformers, high voltage, switchboard, motor control centers) to accomplish work assignments.
· Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures
· Mechanical – knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and equipment used in construction and plumbing work, to ensure adherence to departmental quality standards and building codes
· Knowledge of construction and plumbing design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings
· Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods and tolls involved in the construction or repair of hoop houses, buildings and structures
· Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Ability to repair irrigation systems and components (e.g., valves, connections, fittings, valve wire) to accomplish work assignments
· Ability to troubleshoot water and sewer systems and components to ensure the safe and proper operation and adherence to building codes
· Ability to create, follow and update, Standard Operating Procedures after repetitive work is completed
· Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words
· Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
· Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing there is a problem
· Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures)
· Will work in various outdoor environments (e.g., sun, rain, wind, heat, cold) for extended periods of time to complete job tasks.
· Full time, Hourly position, working approximately 2,200 hours per year – Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays will be required in peak season or critical times.
Related keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance