Avon, OH 44011
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /week
Willoway Nurseries, based in Avon and Huron, OH is seeking a full time CDL Driver to join our expanding team. Compensation negotiable and competitive. Base wages plus mileage and earned bonus opportunity. Benefit package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer match, life insurance, PTO upon hire, and paid holidays.
Willoway Nurseries is a progressive, forward thinking, green-industry company. Willoway is on the forefront of the horticulture and nursery industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practices open book management (our people at all levels have a voice in how our company is run and participate in the financial success of the business!). We are seeking employees who can positively contribute to the growth of the company with the goal to make this your life long career. Why Willoway? We work together as a team to provide the best possible products and services for our customers and the best possible workplace for our employees. Visit www.whywilloway.com or www.whypremier.com to learn more about our companies’ culture. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CDL DRIVER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform Daily Inspections of assigned truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition
Same day travel – local Ohio area, some out of state travel to adjoining states. Home same day.
· Maintains Driver Logs to be in accordance with Federal and State Regulation
· Delivery of Customer orders – assist in unloading of plant material
· Perform light maintenance on power units and trailer
· Operates dump trailer on internal and external deliveries or pickups
· Operate 48’/53’ van on internal and external deliveries and pickups
· Assist with loading and unloading of material
· Daily trailer placements
· Responsible for securing cargo properly for transport
· Support logistics manager on other assigned duties
· Maintain 5S principles
· Review and continue to implement lean practices and efficiencies
· Safety – Engage with staff to reduce workplace accidents. Report any safety concerns to manager immediately. Work with management to investigate all near misses and accidents timely and effectively.
· Accountability- understand the positive aspects of the Winning with Accountability culture. Engage with upper management and direct reports to hold each other accountable for meeting timelines and expectations.
· Open Book Management –Engage your team and participate in our transparent culture as part of your daily work. Represent your department/work area as a voice of the company and communicate any wins/issues to your manager.
· Brand Harmony – learn, understand, and live our brand with all internal and external customer interactions. Work with your direct reports so that they can understand how their actions affect our customers’ beliefs about our company/product.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic computer skills
· Effective problem solving
· Microsoft Office products
CDL CLASS A REQUIRED
EXPERIENCE WITH TRANSPORTATION OF AG/FARM PRODUCT A PLUS
EXPERIENCE OPERATING SEMI DUMP TRAILER REQUIRED
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate (both written & verbal)
· Ability to multi-function
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Detail oriented
Work Environment: Truck /Outdoor/shipping Docks 90 percent of time
Schedule start and stop times will vary based on Season
Home every night
Spring, 50+ hours per week, possible Saturday work
Summer and Fall, 40-50 hours per week
Winter, about 40 hours per week
Average hours worked per year: 2200
Hourly wage plus mileage
Company phone, head set provided