Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Part Time Electrician / Construction Specialist
Physical Plant Maintenance Specialist/ Electrician – Part Time
Summary of position: This position will provide general facility and electrical repairs, installation, testing troubleshooting and maintenance for the nursery, it’s related companies and properties. Position will require 5 years of residential, commercial electrical experience and 5 years of facility and equipment maintenance experience.
· Install and maintain wiring, control and lighting systems
· Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
· Inspect electrical components, such as transformers, circuit breakers and motors
· Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing device
· Repair or replace wiring, equipment or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
· Identify issues with production equipment, complete repairs and test
· Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
· Safety – Engage with staff to reduce workplace accidents. Report any safety concerns to manager immediately. Work with management to investigate all near misses and accidents timely and effectively.
· Accountability- understand the positive aspects of the Winning with Accountability culture. Engage with upper management and direct reports to hold each other accountable for meeting timelines and expectations.
· GGOB –Engage your team and participate in GGOB as part of your daily work. Represent your department/work area as a voice of the company and communicate any wins/issues to your manager.
· Brand Harmony – learn, understand, and live our brand with all internal and external customer interactions. Work with your direct reports so that they can understand how their actions affect our customers’ beliefs about our company/product.
· SOP’s – complete and revise continuously
· Electro-mechanical equipment repair and replacement
· Support Physical Plant construction and repair activities
· Travel between Willoway / Premier sites in Avon, Huron, Broadview Heights and Hilliard
· And all other duties as assigned
· Possess a solid understanding of electrical and generator operations. Proficient in mechanics, able to trouble shoot and diagnose problems, proficient in electrical systems
· Possess basic mathematical skills through geometry
· Possess critical thinking to solve problems
· Possess customer service skills necessary to gain needed information related to the electrical issue to allow for proper problem resolution
· Troubleshooting – running diagnostic tests to pinpoint issues to correctly fix issues
· Attention to detail – being careful about detail and through in completing work tasks
· Imitative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
· Persistence – persistence in the face of obstacles
· Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
· Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
· Valid driver’s license – that is reasonably insurable through the company’s insurance provider
· Knowledge of principles and methods (e.g., conduit bending, wire pulling, rating of equipment) used in maintenance and repair of electrical systems and components (e.g., wiring switches, lighting, transformers, high voltage, switchboards, motor control centers) to accomplish work assignments
· Knowledge of materials, tools and equipment (e.g., cable reels conduit benders, stripping tools, voltage or current meters, wire or cable cutters) used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and components (e.g., wiring, switches, lighting, transformers, high voltage, switchboard, motor control centers) to accomplish work assignments.
· Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures
· Mechanical – knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and equipment used in electrical work, to ensure adherence to departmental quality standards and the National Electric Code
· Knowledge of electrical design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings
· Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Ability to repair electrical systems and components (e.g., wiring, switches, lighting, transformers, switchboards, motor control centers) to accomplish work assignments
· Agility to troubleshoot electrical systems and components to ensure the safe and proper operation and adherence to electrical and building codes
· Ability to identify and distinguish different phases (e.g., single and three phase) to complete electrical work and ensure properly functioning systems
· Ability to identify the correct motor types (e.g., voltage, amperage, revolutions per minute (RPM), frame) to ensure compatibility with motor to be replaced
· Ability to create, follow and update, Stand Operating Procedures after reparative work is completed
· Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words
· Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
· Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing there is a problem
· Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures)
The Maintenance Electrician will be working in all areas of the nursery in all seasons of the year. The electrician will work within buildings, trenches, green houses and pump houses as well as working on remote equipment located outside of buildings within the nursery. This work will happen through out the year including all seasons. The work areas could be on top of buildings, accessed by man lift or ladder. Could be dusty, muddy, hot, cold or wet.
Full time, Hourly position, working approximately 1,500 hours per year – Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays will be required in peak season or critical times.
Related keywords: electrician, electrical, construction, journeyman electrician