Avon, OH 44011
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Willoway Nurseries, a progressive, forward thinking company, is seeking a qualified Senior Accountant to join our team. Willoway is on the forefront of the horticulture and nursery industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practices open book management. We are seeking a team member to join our corporate offices who can positively contribute to Company growth with the goal to make this your life long career.
Position summary: The Senior Accountant will execute and oversee the management and reporting of financial data and accounting/financial functions including preparing, examining, and analyzing accounts. Position includes back up to the: Controller; ERP Database/Inventory Manager; and payroll supervisor.
· Assist in month-end close including journal entries, trial balance and financial statements.
· Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Support Controller in these areas including: Survey and governmental reporting; compliance tax returns for payroll and other; annual budget; maintain open book management scoreboard and related forecasting tools; update Cost Model for product pricing.
· Be the primary on certain tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to: Maintain SAGE Fixed Asset System; Vehicle licensing; Motor Fuel program and tax refund; Royalties; Property/Leases-Management; Expense Reporting-procedures; E commerce arrangements with specific customer programs.
· Assist CFO with Property & Casualty Insurance management.
· Assist with cash management including daily/monthly checkbook reconciliation, secondary authorization of ACH/Wire/Direct Deposits, issue Stop Payments and Positive Pay.
· Backup daily reports: Payroll Hours and Sales.
· Understand Accounting functions and relationships with sister company.
· Support ERP Database/Inventory Manager including: Dynamics Great Plains (GP) software; Inventory data integrity in GP including costing and on hand inventories; Maintenance of GP database using SQL and scripts; Premier Plant Solutions (PPS) imported orders; Retail Management System point of sale software; and Customer Retail Pricing Program.
· Support Payroll Supervisor including: Collect, summarize timesheet and payroll data and enter into payroll systems; process bi weekly payroll; manage payroll deductions including 401K, garnishments and wage withholdings; update and maintain payroll records concerning wages, exemptions, insurance coverages, savings deductions, job titles, and dept transfers; prepares annual vacation accrual; tracks warnings and citations; ensures compliance with governmental laws and regulations concerning payroll.
· Managing Processes
· Financial Software
· Developing Standard Operating Procedures
Knowledge, Abilities and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting
· Knowledge of ERP system functionality
· Proficient Word / Excel / Outlook
· Initiative, ability to learn, dedication, statistically driven
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software a plus
Full time position with opportunity for earned bonus program. Benefits include competitive program such as paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance & 401k with employer match. Willoway Nurseries family of companies is proud to be a drug free workplace.