Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
Summary of position: This position will support Physical Plant’s maintenance for the nursery, it’s related companies and properties. This includes, but not limited to performing tasks involving physical labor at Willoway’s work sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types.
· Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery or tools. Distributing them to the appropriate locations
· Dig to expose utilities or other obstructions
· Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
· Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices and power tools
· Operate equipment after proper training
· Assemble materials as directed
· Support all facets of Willoway’s Port-A-John – Sanitation program
· Welding as required – both steel and PE
· Watch, learn, practice, perfect and retain knowledge of tasks and activities related to this position
· Safety – all employees are responsible for maintaining a safe workplace. Communicate safety issues to your supervisor immediately. Share ideas to improve safety. Engage, and participate in all proactive safety training.
· Accountability – understand the requirement to meet all timelines and expectations with a positive attitude. Engage with upper management and other staff members to develop a positive culture of accountability.
· GGOB – engage in all department and company huddles by actively listening to all information communicated. Interject ideas and questions during the huddles or workday regarding financial status and strategic direction of the department/company. Participate in efforts to develop a positive workplace culture and be actively engaged in your work.
· Brand Harmony – learn, understand, and live our brand with all internal and external customer interactions. Use core values every day.
· Support Physical Plant electro-mechanical construction and repair activities as necessary
· Support Physical Plant electrical and or control construction and repair activities
· Travel between Willoway / Premier sites in Avon, Huron, Broadview Heights and Hilliard
· And all other duties as assigned
· Possess basic mathematical skills
· Attention to detail – being careful about detail and through in completing work tasks
· Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude
· Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
· Valid driver’s license – that is reasonably insurable through the company’s insurance provider
· Knowledge of construction process and methods used in the fabrication, maintenance and repair of structures (e.g., cabinets, wood and steel framing, concrete work, roofing) and fixtures to accomplish work assignments and to provide direction / information and training
· Knowledge of general construction practices and procedures involved in the maintenance and repair of building structures and underground utilities
· Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures
· Manual dexterity – the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
· Perform General Physical Activities – performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials
· Handling and Moving Objects – using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning and moving materials, and manipulating things
· Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words
· Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
The position holder will be working in all areas of the nursery in all seasons of the year. Working within buildings, trenches, green houses and pump houses as well as working on remote equipment located outside of buildings within the nursery. This work will happen throughout the year including all seasons. The work areas could be on top of buildings, accessed by man lift or ladder. Could be dusty, muddy, hot, cold or wet.
Full time, Hourly position, working approximately 2,200 hours per year – Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays will be required in peak season or critical times.
Related keywords: maintenance, maintenance technician