Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 /hour
As an Experienced Greenhouse Grower at Willoway Nurseries, you will have the opportunity to become a part of the Greenhouse Grower Team. The Experienced Greenhouse Grower is required to have at least 5 years of hands on technical experience in a greenhouse or nursery setting, working directly with plants. Specific training on Willoway’s growing techniques will be provided to meet Willoway’s standard of producing high quality plant material. Willoway Nurseries ranks in the top 50 largest greenhouses in the nation.
- Apply chemicals, pesticides, growth regulators, and beneficial insects as needed without direction
- Make decisions about cultural plant needs on a daily basis
- Make decisions about greenhouse climate control on a daily basis (i.e. watering, temperature, lighting, etc)
- At least 5 years of greenhouse / nursery experience growing crops is required for this position
- Knowledge of plant basics (greenhouse crops i.e. annuals, perennials, woody and ornamental cuttings, herbs, vegetables)
- Knowledge of propagation techniques, plant pests, plant diseases
- Plant ID – woody and ornamental landscape plants in different stages
- Responsible for successfully growing annuals, perennials, cuttings, and other landscape crops over a 1-4 acre section of the greenhouse to our quality standards
- Proactively communicate to crews and managers.
- Positively contribute to the team.
- Pesticide Applicator license a plus (or willing to obtain within first month of employment)
- Experience mixing and applying chemicals in a greenhouse / nursery setting is required.
- Ohio Certified Nursery Technician, or other green industry certifications a plus
- This position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions on a daily basis. Also requires indoor work inside the greenhouse/production barn atmosphere where conditions are often hot, dirty, and wet.
- Willing to learn open book management and positively contribute to the financial success and growth of the company.
- Willing to learn Willoway’s operations and growing techniques and apply them with focus and accuracy.
- Some weekend work required.
Compensation negotiable and competitive. Base wages plus earned bonus opportunity. Benefit package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer match, group and voluntary accident and life insurance, PTO upon hire, and paid holidays.
$19.00+ per hour
Job Type: Full-time