Salary: $31,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
Greenhouse Specialist/Team Member
As a Greenhouse Specialist you have the opportunity to work with Greenhouse Manager and Growers for hands on training, learning their responsibilities, day to day activities, project planning, and horticultural growing techniques that meet Willoway’s standard of producing high quality plant material.
Willoway is the largest nursery in Ohio, and while we are still proudly family owned and operated after 60+ years, we strive to be on the forefront of the industry with technology and growing techniques. We are currently recruiting individuals who can positively contribute to the growth of the company.
Job Location: Huron, OH
Greenhouse Duties include:
- Assist in the order process, quality control, loading and unloading of trucks.
- Train and work in Production Barn with Production Supervisor, crew leader and crew learning day to day operations for production of high quality plant material.
- Train and work in Container Maintenance including spacing plants, trimming plants, fertilizing, watering, consolidation of plant material, basic construction skills and pest/disease identification and controls.
- Learn nuances of different growing areas as well as the different types of crops grown in each
- Become a part of Willoway’s proactive succession plan as we develop our next generation of employees.
Requirements for Greenhouse Specialist position:
- At least 1 year horticulture-related work experience.
- Ability to lead and instruct crews.
- Proactively communicate to crews and manager.
- This position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Willing to learn open book management and positively contribute to the financial success and growth of the company.
- Willing to learn Willoway’s operations techniques and apply them with focus and accuracy.
31-35k/year based on experience/qualifications. Benefit package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, Health Savings Account option, 401k with employer match, group and voluntary term life insurance, PTO upon hire, and paid holidays.