Avon, OH 44011
Salary: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour
Summary of Position: Willoway Nurseries, a wholesale plant nursery, is looking to add a Full Time IT Associate. This position will provide Help Desk Support to approximately 150 users and assist the IT Supervisor with all IT duties for the company. The ideal candidate will have experience configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs (networking experience a bonus!) and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of job duties.
Reports To: IT Supervisor
· Provides Tier 1 tech support to users as needed via remote access, phone, email, messaging system, or in-person.
· Configure IT equipment (including computers, I-pads, and phones) as required.
· Install and maintain IT equipment as assigned.
· Ensure software is kept up to date on equipment as assigned.
· Maintain documentation and IT database.
· Researching IT topics as directed.
· Keep abreast of latest IT trends and threats and report significant findings to IT Supervisor.
· Primary backup to IT supervisor.
· Primary contact for Premier Plant Solutions’ Point of Sale system.
· Premier Plant Solutions monthly reporting and Z-reports.
· Maintain company WIKI, particularly the IT pages.
· Lead annual computer refresh configuration and set-up.
· Conducting annual recycling run.
· Keep abreast of latest IT trends and threats.
· Coordinate e-Commerce system processing system
· Maintain canning machine scoreboard system
· And all other duties as assigned.
· Proficient in Microsoft network management and Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving IT issues.
· Solid communication and customer service skills.
· General technical skills with maintaining IT equipment and systems.
· Minimum two-year IT degree or 3 years IT field experience.
· Must have innate understanding of the IT environment.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision to respond to user needs and self-start as needed.
· Must have critical thinking to troubleshoot issues.
· Must be reliable.
· Ability to work in a stressful environment.
. This is a hands-on position that may require carrying IT equipment, running network cables, installing WIFI access points, and occasionally working in inclement weather to support equipment.
· Fast paced office environment with seasonal variations.
· Interfacing with a variety of departments/structures/requirements.
· May require some outside work in inclement weather.
· Occasionally requires visits to other Willoway farms/locations.
· Minimum 2,080 hours.
· Primary schedule M-Th 7:30-4:00, F 7-3:30.
· Weekends and holidays on occasion.
· Available in emergencies.
Related keywords: it, information technology, it support