Broadview Heights, OH
Salary: $14.50 to $14.52 /hour
Job Start Date: March 2, 2020
Status: Seasonal, March to July 4th. Potential to change to full time if earned by performance and open positions available.
Pay: $14.52 per hour
Summary of position:The Horticulture Nursery Team Member is responsible for completion of shipping and production tasks as well as assisting sales department with order pulling and customer assistance on an as needed basis.
1. Actively promote positive customer service on a daily basis externally through outside customers and internally with fellow employees.
2. Unload and disperse incoming trucks as well as loading outbound trucks.
3. Complete tasks including but not limited to; fertilizing, weeding, trimming, canning, spacing, moving, covering, uncovering and herbicide application.
4. Communicating water deficiencies when detected and assisting with hand watering/making irrigation repairs.
5. Work well in a team-based environment, consistently providing a positive attitude and promoting positive accountability to other employees.
6. Train in the “GGOB” culture that supports the continuous development of improved communications and open book management.
7. Pull orders and load customers on an as needed basis, directed by departmental supervisors.
8. Complete all other duties as assigned by the departmental supervisors.
Execution of all tasks listed above on a level that meets and/or exceeds expectations
1. High school equivalent math
Ability to take direction and execute tasks based on written and verbal instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work schedule (minimum annual hours for salary employees) and include weekends when scheduled
45-50/week March – June
Overtime will be paid for hours worked above 40 each week at the rate of 1.5 times the hourly wage
Valued added functions by month or season:
Mar-May: drive sales according to budget and beyond, open and set up nursery, receive spring orders and stock facility, execute plant maintenance, facility maintenance and shipping tasks
May-July: drive sales according to budget and beyond, execute plant maintenance, facility maintenance and shipping tasks