Avon, OH 44011
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
Premier Plant Solutions, Avon
Summary of position: Oversee all aspects of the growing and maintenance of plant material on site to ensure our customers receive a healthy, high quality plant. This includes trimming, spacing, fertilizing, and watering needs across all seasons. The range of plant material is flats to large balled in burlap trees. Oversee all aspects of the facility to maintain a safe and efficient nursery for a good customer experience.
· Monitor the irrigation times on all plant material and adjust as needed.
· Monitor and repair of all irrigation systems on the property.
· Monitor and repair of all structures on the property.
· Accurate and timely reporting of scrap.
· Pest and disease management, report timely and correct applications of pesticides, fungicides and herbicides with proper record keeping.
· Oversee the trimming of all plants.
· Oversee fertilization of all plants
· Assist sales staff as needed to fill customer orders.
· All other tasks as assigned.
· Direct supervision of all production staff
· Monitor and maintain irrigation pumps
· Monitor and maintain greenhouse heat and HVAC systems
- Train in the “GGOB” culture that supports the continuous development of improved communications and open book management.
- Facility improvements/projects
- Assist with budgeting and financial forecasting
And all other duties as assigned
· Management of irrigation timeclocks
· Equipment operating skills (skidsteer, forklift, loader, delivery trucks)
· Basic Microsoft office skills
· 2-4 year degree in horticulture related field
· Pesticide applicators license, or willing to obtain
· Plant identification
· ONLA grower certification or willing to obtain
· 2+ years crew leader experience
· Strong reasoning and problem solving mentality
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Self-motivated and driven. Comfortable working and making decisions without direct supervision.
· Time management skills.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· 40-45/week July-February
· 45-50/week March – June ( Saturdays may be required)
· Overtime will be paid for hours worked above 40 each week at the rate of 1.5 times the hourly wage
· Some Sundays required
We are proud to be a drug free workplace.
Premier Plant Solutions is the sister company of Willoway Nurseries, Inc. Our family of companies are progressive, forward thinking green industry companies. We are on the forefront of the horticulture and nursery industry with technology, marketing, growing techniques and currently practice open book management. Our people have a voice in how our company is run and participate in the financial success of the business among a positive culture where we are rooted to grow. Premier has 3 locations to serve our Ohio based landscape customers: Avon, Broadview Heights, and Hilliard OH. Our mission is: We use our unique resources and established relationships to provide simple successful solutions to horticulture professionals. We live and breathe our 7 core values each day: do the right thing, go the extra mile, understand the why, support the team, take ownership, never sacrifice safety, and play to win!
We are seeking employees who can positively contribute to the growth of the company with the goal to make this your life long career. Why Willoway? Why Premier? We work together as a team to provide the best possible products and services for our customers and the best possible workplace for our employees. Visit www.whywilloway.com or www.whypremier.com to learn more about our company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Related keywords: cannabis, marijuana, horticulture, farm, agriculture